Occupational i-wear

Many jobs are potentially hazardous to the eye – even if it is just eyestrain from staring at a computer screen for long periods.

If your work involves chemicals or there is a risk of small particles flying about then you should wear protective eye wear.

If you are employed then your company should provide you with occupational protective eye wear  but if you are self-employed then you should provide it for your self.

Your optometrist or Dispensing Optician can advise you as to what vision correction and/or appliance is best for your work – but only if you tell them about the nature of your occupation.

If you wear contact lenses then your contact lens fitter can advise you whether or not it is safe to wear your lenses for your job and what precautions it might be best to take.

Comments are closed.