Interested in my personal reflections on Vision, Eye Care and Optometry read on…
However any queries about your eyes please see your own Registered Eye Care Practitioner
60% of adults know eyes can have serious problems without giving symptoms yet 5,00Ò,Ó00 Britains have not had an an eye examination in the last 10 years and it is estimated that 2,00Ò,Ó00 Britains have some form of visual impairment
When did you, your friends or relatives last have your Sight Tested?
Spread the word about why regular tests of sight are important and change the following :-
- For 1 in 4 children the world looks a fuzzy blur .they may never have had a sight test.
- 3% of drivers have never had their sight tested – others have not had a recent sight test.
- You might see them but can they see you– are you sure your vision is legal for driving?
- A driver whose vision makes them an illegal is 15x more likely to be in a RTA.
Your Community Eye Care Team who provide sight tests can be found on any High Street:
- offering you and your family quality, professional eye-care
- ensuring whether at work, rest or play you can get the most from life by seeing the best you can
- for many people there comes a time when spectacles, contact lenses or medical interventions can no longer improve failing vision but your community eye care professionals can still help.
Historically this pretty little flower was a remedy for poor eyesight but now you will be referred to a hospital based ophthalmologist. If medicine and the NHS can't restore full-vision a Vision Impairment support worker from your LB/SC can give support and advice on visual aids (LVA's), financal benefits, and other ways to contine to live independantly.
Never needed glasses and can't imagine a world where sight tests and spectacles hadn't been invented? read The 21st Century with Fuzzy Vision.